Tuesday, April 22, 2008

How Vital to stay positive in life?


The question here is how vital we have to stay positive in life, and how many actually practicing it rather than talking about it. It not easy as it looks coz there are so many circumstances will pop out along the road and it is a "test" from the GOD to determine how positive, determine we are to achieve our dreams.



Transition period is never easy and i was in this period now. Six years as agent and then promoted to career agent, time for me to suck up the challenge and be a big man rather than always said one day i will become unit manager and will try to look for direct agents when i can look for it, i rather focus on personal sales! That the mentality i have for past 2 years and i suffered due to negligence, reluctant to move a step ahead and compete with the big boys.


Although it is never easy BUT gosh is there anything easy in life? even hit lottery we need some down to earth lady luck, right? Since February, i began to work hand in hand with my leader and groom myself to be new generation leader. 2 days ago, one of my newly recruited agent after working for a month and closing a number of sales decided to quit offically although i number of times ask him to quit or make up his mind sooner. The reason is because he was goin to sign up with another insurance company and i get to know about it and immediately i ask him to make up his mind, take it or leave as no part time is allowed is our culture.


Friday is his last day, and i got to stay positive, its never so easy to succeed in life, i know i have to work, work and continue work with passion and professionalism and time will come to check i can achieve my goals. I felt little sad and hurt, simply because the amount of time, energy, care, and the rapport i managed to build as i work closely with him and it ended this way. However on the other hand, it tells me that i better do a better job in selection process next time to avoid similar problem next time around.


Human does have emotion after all, but remember don't let it control our lives instead we have to control the emotions. Yes, we have sad and happy days, but in the end, we gonna have more good days than sad days. Stay positive and you can work something out, i always believe in myself with the support that i have in my families and my leader itself.


I got to work double hard from now on before i offically promoted to unit manager on 1st september 2008. I changed my lifestyle since i recruited my first agent, no more enjoy 1st lifestyle, i work more than 15 hours a day everyday except weekend where i need to spend time with family. Its exchausting but that life, no choice to succeed except hardwork. I will continue sacrifice until i reach another milestone in my career which is to become TOP UNIT MANAGER next year and once again to invite my beloved parents to share the proudest moment on stage with me next year.


We got to believe and look forward, focus, and action, time will pass along whether we do a great job or a lousy job. I'm sick right now sitting in front of my laptop but don't worry, i'm ok, just 2 tired after all. I will take care myself and have a well balanced lifestyle in life. Money can't buy health.


Together we achieve our dreams and make things happen rather than hope things do happen in our life. Opportunity does not come everyday and when it does come, don;t miss it, maximize it.


take care.

4 comments:

david santos said...

Please!
To avoid such a tragedy happening again, and for the salvation of our children, we are doing a worldwide campaign, displaying the image of NURIN JAZLIN JAZIMIN in blogs all over the world on 25th April 2008. Let's not forget NURIN JAZLIN.

william yeoh said...

HI DAVID SANTOS, WE HAVE NOT FORGOT NURIN, AND TOGETHER WE PRAY FOR HER SAFETY.

Ng Kevin said...

Stay strong and persevere through all your difficulties, discouragement, and obstacles. I am sure by getting through this will make you tougher in handling more problems in the future. Never give up on your passion and professionalism to work. Take good care of your health and get some rest and tomorrow will be a better day. Good luck in your work & looking forward to hear from you to be the next TOP UNIT MANAGER. Cheers.

william yeoh said...

hi kevin, glad to hear from you again, i really impress with you even since i met you. coz at ur age, you are so positive and never ever give up, it does inspire me to work harder and be a good role model. u 2 take good care and focus on ur study and ur career is so bright, i always welcome you to be in my career if you are interested. the door is always open to you as i told you b4, take good care.