Saturday, September 8, 2007

Convocation

last week i was in sintok, kedah with my family to attend my convocation. It was one happy day in my life, GOD who could believe a son who failed totally in my SPM examination, now receive my Master of Business Administration at University Utara Malaysia. Most of my secondary school mates seem do not believes at all. Anyway, doesn't matter to me, what matter most, i able to accomplished my mission of not letting my parents down especially my dad who are very educated and his academic excellence.

Thanks to my dad who makes all this possible, without his morale and most importantly financial support i wouldn't be in this convocation today. Thanks so much dad, Since my first day in college to pursue my degree studies, i had make a goal in my heart that is not failed myself again for the second time after the horrific SPM. Before that, i did preety good in my UPSR and a Straight A's student in PMR examination. That goals was partly accomplished.

Mom was excited after all, 2 weeks in a row, first i drive my mom to KL to witness my brother convo and than drive her to my convo. She was always alone at home most of the time as my sis went tuition most of the time and i only back home at night.

For dad, he is a busy man, i understand his situation and committed to his job, when i completed my DBA studies in 3 years time, i will personally invite him, that is my goals. Always expect more from ourself, never settle down or never say enough if we want to progress in our lives, before graduation,i expect to stop my studies as i tought i was well enough but when i was at UUM, i realize that I'm just a "fly" where MBA was nothing, there was hundreds of PhD and DBA students, GOD, the world keep on changing and expect more competent from each of us. Below are few photos i managed to snap at my convo:

with david and e-lin(my gf's brother and wife)

with my loves one

thats me
me and mama
GOD Bless, have a nice day




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!though not much photos snapped on that day, but i managed to record thru video cam when u received your cert.though the screen a bit shaking(hope you dun mind, it was my first time using the video cam), but at least i had successfully recorded the precious moment.:)

william yeoh said...

yeah, thanks so much for it and take ur time off to attend my convo, thanks

Maverick SM said...

Son,

Dad is extremely proud of you. I am sorry for not being able to be with you in Sintok for the auspicious occasion.

It surprise me to hear you are going for your DBA. I am delighted. Please go for it. It is the pinnacle of your academic achievement and a self actualization. I am with you all the way.

I promise you that I will attend your DBA convo.

william yeoh said...

it came out of my mind after i attend the convo, the need to be competitive makes me pursue higher education, well this time around, i will support myself in term of financially, to me, it will brings more umph...more committed to the studies since it is my own hard earn money. thanks for the support and take care.

Maverick SM said...

William,

I will be with you all the way.